Monday, October 12, 2009

Somebody's Watching...

.


[Click image above to go to full sized image.]


This tutorial was written on October 12, 2009, using Paint Shop Pro, version X.03. It should be okay to do with other versions as well. I just find X.03 more comfortable for me. You may download a free trial of Paint Shop Pro, version X2, from Corel. Any similarities between this tut and any others you may see are purely coincidental.

You will also need:

Animation Shop. This is from CNET, so it's a safe download. However, it costs. That changed pretty recently. I don't know why!!

HOWEVER ..... a LOVELY person named solshne (and another named Chris) wrote to let me know that one might find Animation Shop for free at this location. This is an FTP link and I have no idea if it's safe or not. So keep your antivirus handy to scan it after download!

A tube of your choice. I'm using the sensual, glamorous (can you tell I love Janesko?? LOL) artwork of Jennifer Janesko. You must have a license to use her artwork. You can get that license and art at C.I.L.M.

The scrap kit is by Sox of Soxsational Scraps. This is a FTU kit. The kit is called "My Lil Ted." I dunno what that means, I was just attracted to the color scheme, having JUST gotten 2 Janesko tubes of similar colors!

Filters: Eye Candy 4000 > Gradient Glow

Font: I used Scriptease.

Supplies: The mask and the doily frame, which can be found here. I'm unsure from where I got the doily frame, but the mask is by Ali at Designs by Ali! I got it a LOOOONG time ago. She had a "Masks" label, so I followed that here. I did not, however, download all the masks, so I can't say for sure if this one is in there. Thought I'd point out the resource, though! Thanks a LOT, Ali!! Okay, wait. I just went back to read what she had to say about all those masks, and apparently they were tag templates turned into masks. So it seems this one that I'm sharing here, is NOT there. Oh, I need to stop typing about this!!! LOL!

So, let's get started....

Open your masks and doily frame in PSP, and minimize. Alternatively, you could file them where your PSP masks and frames/embellishments are filed for use in the future.

Open a new canvas, 700 x 750, white.

This tutorial uses a lot of duplicates of the flowers, and it will be left up to you as to how you'd like to arrange them.

Open Frame4. Copy and paste as a new layer.

Add your tube. Resize, position, and drop shadow to your taste. I put a 5° right rotation on mine.

Highlight your frame layer. Grab your magic wand, and click inside the center of the frame. Selections > Modify > Expand by 1. Selections > Invert.

Highlight your tube layer. Grab your eraser brush and erase any of the tube that overhangs the bottom of the frame.

Selections > Select none.

Highlight your white background layer.

Open paper3. Copy and paste as a new layer.

Apply your mask. Delete mask layer, answer "yes" to the pop-up question and merge group.

Open your round doily frame. Copy and paste beneath the Frame4 layer. Resize THIS LAYER ONLY 125%.

Effects > Photo Effects > Sepia Toning



... with the number set at 65.

Hit okay.

Adjust > Brightness and Contrast > Brightness/Contrast with the following settings, or as close as you can set it to blend with the rest of the tag:



Hit okay.

Drop shadow your doily frame. You may also drop shadow the other frame at this time. Once again, this is a habit I don't seem able to break... I forgot to drop shadow the frame in the beginning! This happens because as I'm figuring out what goes where, sometimes I need to use my magic wand in the frame two or three more times until I get the right tube. But that's neither here nor there... Just drop shadow your Frame4 layer as well! LOL!!

Open Glittersplat2. Copy and paste as a new layer. Position up in the top right-hand corner of your canvas. In your layer palette, after you have it situated right, this should be under the mask layer.

Duplicate the Glittersplat2 layer and Image > Mirror. Merge these two layers down. Duplicate THAT layer and Image > Flip. Merge these two layers down.

Now you should have one Glittersplat2 layer. We'll deal with this a little later.

Open Flowers 1, 3, and 7. Resize them all 40%. Now copy and paste them all over the left side of the Frame4. Duplicate and drop shadow all the flowers as you go along. See my example for placement reference, if you like. You can use bows, too, if you like. I didn't, but it doesn't mean you can't!!

When all your flowers (and/or bows) are situated, go to the top layer and write your name. I used black for the color and stroke with stroke set at 2.

Effects > Eye Candy 4000 > Gradient Glow set at 3-0-100, color #99997f. Drop shadow your name.

Resize your canvas to a size with which you are comfortable.

Add your copyright, license information if applicable, and taggers'/watermark.

If you choose not to animate, you're now done, and you can merge your layers and save!


A N I M A T I O N


Highlight your Glittersplat2 layer. Duplicate this layer three times, for a total of four Glittersplat layers.

Highlight your bottom Glittersplat layer.

Adjust > Add/Remove Noise > Add noise set as shown below:



Hit okay.

Highlight the next Glittersplat layer up.

Add Noise again, this time setting the noise to 50.

Hit okay.

Now, open the third Glittersplat layer. Add Noise again, setting the number to 55.

Hit okay.

And finally, the top Glittersplat layer. Add Noise, setting the number to 47.

Hit okay.

Close out the top three Glittersplat layers, leaving the bottom Glittersplat layer open.

Edit > Copy Merged.

Open Animation Shop. Right-click on the desktop area and paste as a new animation.

Return to PSP. Close out the bottom Glittersplat layer and open the next Glittersplat layer.

Edit > Copy merged.

Back to Animation Shop. Edit > Paste > After Current Frame.

Return again to PSP. Close out the open Glittersplat layer and open the next layer up.

Edit > Copy merged.

Again, back to Animation Shop. Edit > Paste > After Current Frame.

One last time, back to PSP. Close out the open Glittersplat layer and open the top.

Edit > Copy Merged.

Back to Animation Shop. Edit > Paste > After Current Frame.

View > Animation.

And you've finished another tag! I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, and I thank you for stopping by!!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

webtracker

©kajira hill 2009
http://kajituts.blogspot.com